VWBPE 2020 Stellar:
Call for Proposals.
Where do we go from here?
Call for proposals, Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education: VWBPE 2020 Stellar. Presentations, exhibits and immersive experiences
VWBPE 2016 entrance
- The Call for Proposals for VWBPE 2020 Stellar is Now Open
- Presentations, Exhibits and Immersive Experiences
- Per aspera ad astra
- VWBPE 2020 Stellar: Call for Proposals
- From anywhere in the (physical) world.
- To anywhere there is an interested educator.
- VWBPE 2020 STELLAR – Sponsorship Opportunities in VWBPE
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINES
- Presentations: 13 January 2020
- Immersive Experiences: 10 February 2020
- Exhibits: 16 February 2020
- #VWEDU: update 11/15/2019 VWBPE 2020 STELLAR – Sponsorship Opportunities. New OpenSim release (0.9.1)
These are the most fitting for the immersive experience of a conference in virtual worlds.
The Immersive Experiences category showcases locations whose main objective is interaction, immersion, and engagement for those who enter them, whether to play a game, solve an immersive problem, or engage participants in hands-on, interactive learning.
Immersive Experiences submissions require a guide to provide basic instruction on the interface of the platform. Time should be spent mainly on having the participants play, immerse, or engage with the location, not just “touring” it. Accessibility must be considered to allow participation for all.
Submissions to the Immersive Experiences category are VWBPE committee reviewed and require already existing and ready for use locations or platforms. Because of the length of time required for these experiences, these will be hosted pre- and post-conference. If a proposal is selected for inclusion, it will be scheduled in the two weeks before or after the conference, depending on availability and timing.
- Educators and Trainers
- vLanguage Members
- Artists, Designers and Builders
- Advocacy and NonProfit
- Support and Help Communities
- Entertainers and Performers
- Coders, Scripters, and System/IT Analysts
- Business and Entrepreneurs
Past VWBPE conferences
- VWBPE: Poster sessions 1. Wed., 7/24 to Sat. 7/27
- Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education (VWBPE) Call for proposals
- Aug 1. 2013 What did you learn at VWBPE?
- EDU: VWBPE Sponsors and Posters (5+summary)
- Afganistan Museum. VWBPE poster sessions, sample
- SENIOR PROJECT. VWBPE poster sessions, sample
- Sponsors and Posters at VWBPE
- VWBPE Posters and Sponsors (2)
- Posters and sponsors at VWBPE (3)
- VWBPE -- Time Machine
- Career academy--VWBPE 2011 Machinima Stream
- VWBPE Education Water CycleVWBPE
- VWBPE 2011: Training in a virtual lab
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.