The Power of Elastic Thinking
with Leonard Mlodinow
How do our brains generate new ideas? How can we nurture that process? Bestselling author Leonard Mlodinow reveals the secrets of flexible thinking.
- Use your head! They always tell you that. They never tell you how
- Follow the RSA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RSAEvents
- Like RSA Events on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rsaeventsoff...
- Listen to RSA podcasts: https://soundcloud.com/the_rsa
- See RSA Events behind the scenes: https://instagram.com/rsa_events/
- Update 10/31/2019: New OpenSim release (0.9.1) IDRAC Conference Is Nov. 1 & 2. OpenSim conference seeks presenters. Free Ghost Story Radio Stream (Seanchai Library )
- Your have-to goals. Your want-to goals. Do you know the difference? Emotional intelligence
- Quick Quotes about setting goals
- Learning in a Digital Age with Sonia Livingstone. Digital connections count
- Ideas grow out of play and casual interaction among people
- Caroline Webb on Realistic Optimism. You brain is more creative when it is not busy with threats
- Messy problems are good for creativity
- Teaching creativity at the university, Ken Robinson
- Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?
- Brainstorming, ideation, getting ideas in virtual worlds
- Technology and the democratization of creativity
Collaboration and teamwork
- How to become a group facilitator in 7 easy steps
- The Inside Scoop on Successful Teams with Daniel Coyle
- Givers, Takers, Agreeables, Disagreeables. Especially disagreeable givers
- Creative Collaboration. Not just a slogan anymore
- Working together apart: Collaboration and teamwork in virtual worlds
- Remote collaboration: methods
- The key to remembering is to pay attention to what you want to remember. Can you remember that?
- Quick tips to remember things
Follow the money
- Problems and the seven gates to solving them. Like a game. Coincidence? Or something else?
- If it is not perfect yet, perfect your tolerance for imperfection
- Procrastination is too important to leave till the last minute. Effective procrastination
- Meal checks for using your head. Manage your brain. Notice the unnoticed
- Present information in ways that help people use it
- Does Your Mind Mean Business?
- Knowledge is Beautiful
- Theodore Zeldin on Searching for a Fuller Life
- Where are you on the Gross National Happiness Index?
- The power of thinking
- Small Changes to Make a Big Difference
- Matthew Taylor introduces the Power to Create
- We Must Continue to Learn, be Curious. The mystery of the knowledge gap
- The Power of Quiet. Introverts and extroverts are needed for a creative world
- The ABC's of persuasion. We are all in sales
- Anyone Can Change the World
- "But I might get rejected" (What skill is this about?)
- The Secret Truth About Executing Great Ideas
- How to tame your mind--Ruby Wax, comedian, writer, mental health campaigner
- Leadership and the telling of stories
- The kryptonite watcher's guide to self-sabotage
- Optional thinking: Draft; Un-; Zen; Final
- Introspection is out, outrospection is in. Writers take note.
- How to learn anything... fast
- If a thing is worth doing, it is worth knowing why you are doing it. Satisfice.
- Whole-Brain Health, Maze Maddness
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.