Dynamite Terrain Tool.
Terraforming can be fun--and safe
A mesh prim that looks like a stick of dynamite. When you click on the prim or chat “boom” it explodes with particles and sound. Then it digs a hole in your terrain. Finally, it “falls” down into the bottom of the hole it just made. The safest way to play with explosives you are likely to find.
The hole is a shallow circular dent in the terrain with an optional crater lip. Explode the dynamite several times to dig a deeper hole. Or line up several and shout to get them all to go at once. This is how explosive professionals dig ditches! Or use it to put that crowning crater in your volcano.
- On Kitely market: Dynamite Terrain Tool
This scripted object works on OpenSim 0.9 or 0.8, but it REQIRES Owner permissions, Estate Manager and Threat Level HIGH. Test for these with the Terrain Test Prim which you can buy here or come to my world Fractalis and pick up a free copy of the Terrain Test Prim on the platform.
In chat type radius=nn to set the radius of the hole to any integer number. Type lip=off to disable the crater lip. You have to re-enable with lip=on before every explosion if you want the lip to grow higher than 1 meter. Type help at any time to get a list of commands and to find out the current radius and crater lip state.*******************
Other products by Kayaker
- Ocean Engineering store in Kitely
- Themed place: roleplay adventure: sailing, combat, farming. Utrechtse Statenjacht
- Kayaker Magic on the fence. Electric!
- Air painting. Doodleing in 3D. Skywriting without an airplane
- The Boat Race Course at Panthalassa
- Kayaker's World - Panthalassa. T. rex, Velociraptor, etc. A lost world we found on a Metaverse Tour
- Sailing the Seas of OpenSim. And ignoring the physics engine
- Kayaker builds a horse, problems and solutions at the WIP meeting
- Sailing the virtual seas with Kayaker Magic and his advanced NAV
- A physics engine is not needed in OpenSim--Kayaker Magic
- Panthalassa on Kitely, by Kayaker Magic
- Sunday sailing around scenic islands on Discovery grid.
- The Lost World of Kayaker Magic
- Anyone for dinosaurs? Hunt them, study them, make movies of them...
- Tessin: race of the state yachts: replicas of a state yacht of the 18th century
- Boating with Bill Blight on OpenSim.Life
- Virtual Worlds, WIP, January, Part 1, Don Smith and Kayaker magic
- Own your own Dinosaur, virtually! (Virtual is better than real in this case)
- A horse ride through Coopersville (MUVE) 1905. Go back in time a little over 100 years
- Did the closure of Zangrid result in loss of items bought on Kitely Market?
- Horse jumping in the virtual worlds
- Boating and sailing communities developing on the hypergrid
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.