Plan for organizing a blog in a digital "world".
One person, publishing once a month,
will get no following in years.
But a collaborative blog...
Suggestions as to how and why a community or professionally-oriented class might want to develop a collaborative blog that reports on what they are doing.
- Twenty people, publishing once a month on related topics, can build a following.
- That is the potential of a collaborative blog/
Where would you get 20 people?
- In a community. People in a community share common interests.
- In a professionally-oriented class. They all share professional interests.
- The whys and hows of blogging.
- Publicize something.
- Build a portfolio.
- Build a reputation.
- Show off project results.
- Let students build portfolios.
- Promote events.
- Promote the interests of your group
- Blog to tell, publicize, or promote. Summary
- Update 11/19/2020 Covid feel good. VWBPE2021: RECONNAISSANCE Call for Proposals Educators' online calendar and OPLN.
- Students: Education builds skills. Skills are assets. Assets are marketable if you can show them. Your portfolio shows your skills.
- Educators: The entrepreneurial educator: Build a portfolio, Promote your work
- Librarians: Libraries in the virtual world could provide help for virtual classes and virtual campuses: the trident model
- Writers: Writing: Create a collaborative blog to market your writing
- Collaborative fiction blogging. Writing does not have to be lonely
- Groups: Promote the interests of your group
- Marketers: Whatever is worth marketing is worth blogging about.
- Blogging in virtual worlds. How to... Summary
- Blogging for beginners, the virtual world advantage. And a demo of blogging for instruction.
- A community in a digital world starts with two advantages
- Scenes relevant to the subject.
- People interested in talking about the subject.
- You can capture these in images or video.
- Libraries in the virtual world could provide help for virtual classes and virtual campuses: the trident model
- A digital campus needs a digital library. What would be in a digital library?
- Community Virtual Library (CVL) opens in Kitely. A view of the space station and its teleporters
- Metaverse Libraries: Communities as Resources Part 2
- A curated blog, what, why, and how. View counts for my top curating pages.
- Build traffic to your blog about virtual worlds
- A dozen+ tips for building your blog about virtual worlds
- Build an effective community blog for 3D virtual worlds
- Give your blog article a search description, teaser, or other short promotion
- Web-worlds for promotion: Come to my web-world, promote your project
- Bloggers: Make your articles search friendly
- 9 Ways to Grow Your Blog Faster
Promote the posts
- Wherever there is interest in the subject.
- One or two Facebook groups
- LinkedIn if the subject would interest some professionals
- 5 Types of Blogger Collaboration & How to Get Started
- Implementing a Collaborative Blog – 7 Ways to Deliver Better Stories
- 42 Points To Organize Your Group Or Corporate Blog
- Mastery collaborative blog
- 20+ collaborative blogs
- National Blogging Collaborative
- Collaborative blog (search)
- Creating a collaborative blog (search)
- Asset-oriented learning. Goal-directed learning. Build your professional portfolio Reputation as an asset.
- Triumph trails: The hero's journey. Team-based learning. Students laughing! Portfolio building!
- Sex on Fire The Belles 6/9/2020 How is this educational? Who might use something like this in their portfolio?
- Students Virtual Showcase---poster session or presentation for the new century
- Education is certification too: Micro-credentials
- Breadwinner thinking. Project-based learning. Growth-oriented learning. Goal-directed learning. The future of work is online.
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web offices Weekdays: 12:-12:30 pm Central time (US)
- I am available for free consulting on any topic in this blog.
- Cybalounge and 3DWebWorldz (Orientation room)
- I will be in both places, so you may need to speak to get my attention.
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.