"I believe I can fly."
UWA 3 Minute Thesis speech by Jay Jay Jegathesan:
3 Minute Thesis Speech: Jay Jay Jegathesan, UWA School of Education & School of Physics
In 2009, I founded a fully immersive 3D UWA campus on the virtual world of Second Life, and we are now recognized as world leaders in global community development through this technology. This turned into my PhD, which examines how global communities have emerged through virtual worlds in particular among people with disability or chronic illnesses.
Image Used for the Presentation
(created with the help of quadrapop Lane & Dianne Elton)
UWA Second Life founder, Jay Jay Jegathesan is also a PhD student, completing a part time PhD on the topic of community and collaboration through virtual worlds.
This video is taken from the semi-final round of the 2014 3-Minute Thesis competition where PhD students are asked to speak for 3 minutes on their PhD research using no technology or props aside from a single image.
News and Notes
- Scroll down for News and Notes
- SL viewer: Problems with Browser on Prim? Install the new viewer
- Shakespeare: Actors on auction
- OSGrid on the road to recovery
- The Machinima 48 Hour Film Project, Details here
- Univ. of Delaware NATIONAL AGENDA 2014 Speaker Series
- UWA Art & Film Challenges
- Opensim and Second Life podcast: Missing Image
- More news in my blog roll (column on the right)