Trial plan for Metaverse Tours
Metaverse tours are currently in suspension for the summer. This proposal is not an official plan for operation, but a proposal for operating Metaverse Tours. Serene Jewell is the owner of the community and would be the one to decide to adopt this plan or any part of it.
Starting a metaverse tour
- Suggested alternative
- Touring groups on the Hypergrid, operating plans for future growth
- (More after the break)
- Imagination is not the opposite of reality. Imagination is the future of reality
News and Notes
SciFi Film Festival
- SciFi Film Festival 2015 has a submission fee but
- For videos shot in Second Life, University of Western Australia
- pays the fee.
- Deadline for Regular submissions Midnight –
- Deadline for Late Submissions Midnight –
Summer of Arts submissions open Monday on Metropolis
- Summer of Arts 2015
- Open to artists now.
- Open to everyone September 25, 2015
Scroll down for News, Notes, and Info
- Invite trip suggestions from anyone, including site hosts.
- A suggestion is made by a post in Metaverse tours.
- Members can endorse a suggestion in comments on the post.
- Anyone can nominate a trip by offering to host it.
- Tours most likely to be attractive will be hosted by region owner/manager
- A nomination carries several proposed times and the HG address.
- Put a textable destination address in the invitation.
- The community has a G+ calendar managed by community leaders.
- A leader may put a nominated event on the calendar and notify the host.
- Community leaders are people who have posting access to the calendar.
- Posting access to the calendar is given by the calendar owner.
TIme-flexible tour plans
- The standard time for Metaverse Tours is Saturdays, 1 pm California time.
- Events may be nominated for other times.
- Members can indicate interest by comments on the post.
- Non-standard times may be scheduled if there is enough interest
One tour, one destination
- A tour will start on the hour.
- And will end before the next hour.
- Tours can be held in succession on the same day if people want that.
- Touring people gather at the entry point of the destination on the hour.
- Communication may be by text and local voice.
- Other methods may be suggested by the host.
- Tour lasts one hour. Another tour can be scheduled for the next hour.
- This blog, Virtual Outworlding, will follow posts in Metaverse tours.
- Articles will report about nominated destinations and completed tours.
Current suggestions for Metaverse Tours
- Joe Builder's lost world, Joe Builder
- Friends of Arcadia Asylum (multiple destinations)
- A learning activity on BSU's REDGrid. Stephen Gasior, July or early August
- VIBE grids. Stephen Gasior
News and Notes
How to handle a Hypergrid address in Firestorm
- Example HG address: grid.kitely.com:8002/Cookie II
- Paste the HG address in the World Map, next to Find. Click Find, TP
- When you get to the grid, look for TP to local destination or use world map.
- Testing HG addresses and address forms. Failure is not forever
- Travelling with Firestorm. Local, nearby, ingrid, Hypergrid, summary
- For more on topics like this, circle Selby Evans in Google+
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right.
- Google search this blog: Search bar, upper left--or:
- Put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- What is Second Life?
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- All original content on this blog is Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google.