WIP Show at Hobo Sandbox on Cookie II, Kitely
Work in Progress on the Hypergrid. The WIP show helps keep up with it. About once a week, we meet to hear content creators show and tell about something they are working on (or have finished and are marketing or distributing). Questions, answers, suggestions, pictures.
- Location: Hobo Sandbox on the Cookie II region on Kitely.
- HG: Paste the line below into the world map next to Find. Click Find, TP.
- grid.kitely.com:8002:Cookie II
- Arrive: Walk into the Hobo Sandbox door at the Arrival Center
- or use the Firestorm Hop now that you are in Kitely.
- (paste Firestorm Hop in Nav (top) bar of Firestorm, Enter
- Firestorm Hop: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Cookie II/56/377/22
- Time: 1st and 3rd Fri./2nd and 4th Sun. of month, noon Pacific Coast time
- Show will last no more than one hour.
- Google Community: The Hypergrid WIP Show
- Organizer and MC: Serene Jewell
- People from all grids are invited to attend and to present.
- You must join the Hobo Sandboxers group to be able to rez.
- Just ask for an invitation when you get here. The MC has invite authority.
- You rez and tell about your object.
- The time allowed depends on the number of presentations.
- The show starts at noon and is over by 1 pm Pacific coast time.
- The presentation is done in voice and text chat.
- Best bring a prepared notecard with the description.
- You can copy the notecard into chat.
- Make objects phantom if possible to reduce lag.
- You can leave objects as demos on freebies.
- We only return stuff to clear space.
- Your rez power remains while you remain in the group
- Any kind of creativity is welcome:
- prims, mesh, avatars, scripts, animations, and images.
- events, installation art, particle art, full worlds.
- Full worlds won't fit? Use creativity.
If you are coming from a grid other than Kitely:
- Put the item in your suitcase and it will come with you.
- If you don't have a suitcase folder,
- you may have to give the item to the event host to rez.
If you are using OSSL functions with threat level above none
- You may have the authority to run it except in your own sim
- To avoid script errors, you can give the object to Selby Evans to rez
- OSSL adds functions to LSL: threat levels control misuse
Previous reports on WIP
- The WIP show (works in progress), operating plan (WIP)
- WIP Show, works in progress on the Hypergrid June 3, 2015
- Hypergrid WIP meeting. The creatives of the hypergrid
Sponsored by New Media Arts
If you'd like to donate to New Media Arts, you can do that right here
Click to support the general fund.of New Media Arts
If you shop at Amazon, you can sign up at Amazon Smile, and they'll donate a small fraction of each of each payment to NMA:
News and Notes
How to handle a Hypergrid address in Firestorm
- For more on topics like this, circle Selby Evans in Google+
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right.
- Google search this blog: Search bar, upper left--or:
- Put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- What is Second Life?
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- All original content on this blog is Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google