The Natascha Randt Memorial.
Sometimes the metaverse is painfully real.
Avatars are immortal but the people behind them are not.
Ever since my creative partner, Natascha Randt, passed away on September 3rd of this year. I have been working on building her a memorial on Kitely - Virtual Worlds--Karima-Hoisan
With the help of my fabulous scripting partner, Dale Innis, and also Joey Schaffer (Joey Writer) a close friend and collaborator of Nat's who has also contributed with a special section, we can now say it's done.
The world is a guided tour, that once again, relies heavily on being able to see parcel media and enjoy short clips.
Who was Natasha Randt? -- after the break
Who was Natascha Randt?
- Natascha was my film partner and best friend in the virtual world for 10 years.
- Randt & Hoisan made 29 videos together. She lived in Germany and we never met in Real Life..
- She passed away on September 3.2021 waiting for a heart transplant, She was 40 years old.
- Rest in Peace Natascha.
- Brilliant, funny, daring, innovative and an impassioned virtual pilot,
- and a gifted and very skilled machinimatographer,
- she broke barriers in whatever she put her mind to.
- I try to capture the many facets of her in this world,
- through her own excellent photographs, movies (
- both her own and in collaboration with me) and blog posts.
- You can explore her blog in German (has a Translator)
- here > https://aetherisavidi.wordpress.com/
- Nat's extensive Youtube Channel can be found here:
- Joey Writer from Germany, has also made a tribute section for Natascha.
- In Joey's section you will find a selection of pictures and two machinimas from various projects she and Nat did together over the years.
- As well as some shots taken just for fun to give you a glimpse of Nat's easy-going, fun-loving side.
- “Deeper” Installation art
- Installation art: The Mountain by Karima Hoisan & Dale Innis. Art can move mountains in virtual worlds
- The River of Forgetting - A Randt & Hoisan Production
- The Changes Changes - A Randt & Hoisan Production. Video-poetry
- Kitely places. Vector's Vortex. Visual poetry
- MachinimUWA VI: Reflect on This: Dactyls are Dharma, Too
- The connection. Across 9000 miles. Fiber optics, virtual worlds, and imagination.
- MachinimUWA VI: Natascha & Karima's 'Window on a Train'
- "I Can" A Randt & Hoisan Production
- "Unmindful." The 19th video collaboration between filmmaker Natascha Randt and poet/creator Karima Hoisan
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google