Metaverse use case: remote meetings.
There is no distance in the metaverse.
You are 30 seconds from everywhere.
You can listen to talking heads telling you what the metaverse will be like when it arrives or you can visit a part that has already arrived and is in use. Meet the people who are making the metaverse.
- Watch on YouTube
- Meeting at the Web Show, a video set in the metaverse
- Go there
- A developer meeting is held there every other week:
- Fridays 3 pm eastern (New York)
- To find out which week follow CybaLOUNGE on Twitter:
- A walk into the web metaverse. Right now. Nothing to download, nothing to buy, nothing to sign up for. The free metaverse.
- Videos are an added benefit of metaverse meetings
- After the break: How to make videos in the metaverse.
How to make videos in the metaverse
- You can use any video-capture software that will capture a browser page.
- For business use I suggest Camtasia.
- For private use I suggest OBS Studio (Open Broadcaster Software)
- It is free, open source.
- How to use OBS to get video in virtual worlds. Not the long and short of it. Just the short. And a few links to the long.
- For editing the OBS capture. I suggest Shotcut
- Simple video editing with Shotcut, for virtual worlders
- My videos from the metaverse.
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google