Your office in the metaverse.
Your digital receptionist can monitor your office for you.
People can come to meet your in your office in the metaverse.
- Watch on YouTube
- My virtual Office space In a web browser
- Suppose you have a digital place in the metaverse.
- That is a place where digital people can come to visit with you.
- You probably want to know when somebody comes by.
- You may want to meet them.
- But you can't stay in your digital place all the time.
- You may be elsewhere in the metaverse or in the flat web.
- You need a digital receptionist to alert you when somebody arrives.
Two web-word solutions
Metaverse software (Cybalounge)
- You can only set this up on land you own.
- You can set up messaging for yourself, administrators, and members
- First open the location settings (house graphic, lower right)
- Web-worlds: Cybalounge building: location settings
- Scroll down to the mail notification section:
- Check the boxes to say who should get the notices.
- Save the setting ( lower right)
- The Out Of World Radar System allows you to easily monitor for region visitors.
- • You do not have to be logged in (saves you bandwidth as you do other work).
- • When a visitor lands, you will hear a doorbell sound.
- Detailed instructions
Who would want a digital office?
- Podcasters and video-casters
- Financial consultants
- Advertising agencies
- Public service organizations
- Online teachers
- Website developers
- And many others
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Techsmith Capture
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.
- Selby Evans in Kitely and Hypergrid, Thinkerer Melville in Second Life.