Report from the metaverse.
No building needed.
It is already here.
A look at the metaverse of now.
- Watch on YouTube
- Nov 29, 2018
- "The Metaverse is a collective virtual shared space, created by the convergence of virtually enhanced physical reality and physically persistent virtual space..." --Wikipedia
- Virtual worlds, augmented reality, the internet.
- "persistent, shared, 3D virtual spaces linked into a perceived virtual universe."
- These are already here. Not finished, still developing.
- But they've been around for years.
- So the metaverse has been around for years.
- Not finished, still developing.
- And we people of the metaverse have been recording them for years.
- Videos of virtual worlds on YouTube
- Virtual worlds are platforms, not games.
User built virtual worlds
- Some virtual worlds allow users to build things.
- Some virtual worlds (Second Life, OpenSim) provide tools to make building easy.
- Many virtual worlds let you rent space and buy or import things to put there.
- These arrangements give users a sense of "a place of your own."
- Comedy (search) NSFW
- Comedy an Lauren's place started in 2007
But is it shared space?
Full sharing: OpenSim and Hypergrid
Full sharing: guest entry
- Some web-worlds allow guest entry without registration.
- Since web-worlds run in a browser, we can move freely among these worlds
More sharing: The future
- How To Make Money On Second Life!
- Oldest Vampire Community In Second life Transylvania
- Educational Uses of Second Life
- What Second Life means to me, by Huckleberry Hax
- International Society for Technology in Education -- ISTE Second Life
- The Second Life Book Club with Draxtor - Angela Meyer & Laura Jean McKay
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google