Virtual senior center template:
Companionship and social interaction at home.
Social activities in the metaverse.
Senior center at home.
- Watch on YouTube
- Mobility limited? Not in the metaverse.
- No travel time. No travel cost. No facility cost.
- Wheelchair friendly.
- No sharing of germs. No lockdowns.
- Maybe the relevant question is "Why not?"
- The metaverse.
- Senior center template
- (In the Social group)
- AARP member benefits
- Virtual Senior Center (VSC)
- Companionship and social interaction for the elderly
- Older Adults and the Importance of Social Interaction
- Social centers for the elderly
- Online social centers for the elderly
- A Virtual Senior Center Spreads Across the US
- Virtual Senior Centers Provide Valuable Opportunities to Socialize
Basic room design
- Large room with small square tables seating 4 (like card tables)
- Stage on one wall backed by screen for web page display
- People at a table are able to limit voice to that table and turn off voice from other tables.
- Meeting leader has voice channel that talks to all.
- Other walls carry posters with links to web pages offering support.
Why a virtual world?
- In a virtual world, you can bring people into a scene that fits their interest.
- The scene could be a flower garden with familiar flowers and sounds.
- A virtual world is as social as a senior center--it could have dozens of people.
- A virtual world can have a game room, as in a senior center.
- It offers a sense of presence---each person can have a room of their own.
Why not a physical senior center?
- That's fine if seniors are mobile and can arrange regular transportation.
- But a virtual world is as near as the computer.
- And you can get to it in a wheelchair.
- It can be open 24/7 to people anywhere.
- To people living where they grew up, went to school, used to work.
- Or to family anywhere.
- The Virtual Senior Center (VSC)
- YMCA OF SAN FRANCISCO Virtual Adult Workshops
- Hollin Hall Senior Center
- Seniors Online Learning Center
- AARP member benefits (just web pages)
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Screenshots from ShareX
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.