A note from the digital worlds.
Some of us have lived in digital worlds for years.
We have online meetings, classes, music, friends.
The secret is....
Immersive and social. An immersive platform with people who share your interests. We've been using in for years.
- We are from all over the world.
- But it takes us less than a minute to come to this this meeting.
What make a platform immersive?
- Movement: you can more around in it
- and what you see changes as it would in a physical space.
- Interaction: You can interact with objects in the digital world.
What makes a platform social?
- People: who share some of your interests.
- They don't just have to be there.
- You have to be able to find and contact them.
- Search: so you can find people with the interests you are looking for.
- Voice: Local so everyone nearby can join the conversation.
What can you do in a digital world?
- Pretty much anything that does not require your body.
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds? Summary
- Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain.
- Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
- All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- Annotated screenshots made with Jing
- This blog is not affiliated with anything. Ads are from Google.