Blog to tell, publicize, or promote
- Publicize--Tell people about something important to you
- That includes instruction and information
- That's it. At least for starters.
- Maybe you develop a rep and get hired as a consultant
- Maybe you sell ads
- But don't count on it
- If you start for those reasons, you will soon quit
- Anything that is worth doing is worth knowing why you are doing it
- What do you want to tell people?
- What do people want to read about?
- What do people want to see?
- Google Calendars keep updated and working for you
- Feedreader: Google Reader ending; Here Are the best alternatives
- Live blogging with MySL.
- How To Use Your Blog as a Viral Online Publishing Hub
- Tech info for collaborative blogging on Blogspot
- Invited articles and press releases
- Checklist for promoting your events
- How to muck up your press release
- Collaborative blogging. Overview
- Promote your projects: Care and feeding of bloggers.
- Promoting Events in SL: Blogs 2012
- Copy pictures from MySL to your blog or elsewhere
- TIPS FOR NEW BLOGGERS
- Work your title. It's where your writing meets the road
- Use social media to promote your blogs
- Groups for virtual worlds in Facebook
- Build your Google+ readers if you use Blogger.
- Blogger will automatically post your blog on your profile stream
- Set a publication schedule
- At least several times a week
- How can you make it easier for you?
- What do you hate doing and how can you fix it?
- Guest posts, multiple authors
- Blog ahead, have a week's worth of blogs ready.
- Use some evergreen content and link to it
- Make a table of contents
- Make a header menu linking to important pages
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right
- Google search this blog, column on right
- or put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google
- Drop by my place in Second life
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the viewer screen:
- Feel free to send me an IM, notecard, or friend request.
- Thinkerer Melville/Selby Evans