- Does your Second Life run slow,
- crash easily?
- Moving is slow
- Crash on sim crossing
- Crash on Teleport
- FPS low, too low for videos
Reduce draw distance and Graphics Quality
Me (top left), Preferences, Graphics tab
Check your bandwidth
- Google on bandwidth, pick a site near you
- Make a few tests at times that matter to you
- Complain to your service provider if you are not getting what you pay for
It tends to drop packets.
Keep avatar draw weight down
How to manage avatar draw weight
See draw weight
- Advanced menu
- performance tools
- Show draw weight for avatars (click to change)
You may need these instructions to get the advanced menu
- Advanced Tab
- Green= good
- Red= Potential trouble
- Use a standard outfit. Avatar button (M and F figures)--select
- Avoid attachments.
- Avoid attachments that do something.
- Avoid huds
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right
- Google search this blog, column on right
- or put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google
- Drop by my place in Second life
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the viewer screen:
- Feel free to send me an IM, notecard, or friend request.
- Thinkerer Melville/Selby Evans