The art of multimedia in the metaverse
Art that produces sounds, possibly interactively
Virtual worlds are made by people, and for people. With a little skill, you can make the world you want to show. You control the sounds, the sights, the colors, the movements, the whole environment. If you can make music, you can also make the visuals. Just as Disney could do in Fantasia, but without the cost. Multimedia art in the metaverse is the art of putting these things together to create a new art in the new medium of virtual worlds.Torben Asp, Second Life, July 2013
Previous videos of Torben Asp at work
Sound in art
Musical artArt that incorporates musical accompaniment, possibly animated in time with the music
Poetry in art Art created to accompany a poetry reading
Multimedia artArt that relies on sound, video effects, particle effects, animation, etc. in combination to produce an overall impression in the observer.
Interactive artArt that responds to the actions of the observer
Mathematical art, Fractals, etc.
- Art videos from the virtual world
- Art in sound and sight. Imagine it on that big vid screen on your wall!
- Where can I find builders on the Hypergrid?
- The Hypergrid Safari visited Cookie II on Wednesday.
- Morlita Quan! 2 PM Pacific (SLT) Wed., June 24th!
- Visual effects by Fuschia Nightfire
- Wizards Retreat on Cookie II on Kitely Grid
- HyperGrid teleport: grid.kitely.com:8002:Cookie II
- Event managed by Roxy Gellar
- Event and Cookie II sponsored by New Media Arts