A dark place of dark deeds.
A story from history. With no ending from history. Some of the scene rendered here. More to show. But it will take guts to show it. Of interest to writers, historians, journalism teachers, and mystery fans.
Click image to enlarge
- In Kitely put the line below in the Nav bar of Firestorm, enter
- Kitely web page:
- HG address: Put the line below in your world map, next to Find. Click Find, TP
- To enjoy Whitechapel fully, please use the region default environment setting
- (More after the break)
News and Notes
Found Poetry Short Poetry Workshop-Tue 8/11, 7pm SLT
This week the Short Poetry Workshop we revisit Found Poetry, which is the art of creating poems based on found words or phrases in articles and other sources. We’ll provide some for you but feel free to bring your own sources. Use any form - Rhyme, meter or syllable or free verse – it’s up to you
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the Viewer screen:
PURSUE IMPOSSIBLE: UWA 3D Art & Film Challenges 2015,
The University of Western Australia (UWA) has launched 'PURSUE IMPOSSIBLE, the 6th UWA Grand Art Challenge and MachinimUWA VIII with a starting prize pool in excess of L$400,000. Deadline: Midnight SLT, 31st October 201
SciFi Film Festival
- SciFi Film Festival 2015 has a submission fee but
- For videos shot in Second Life, University of Western Australia
- pays the fee.
- Deadline for Late Submissions: Midnight – 29 August 2015
Summer of Arts submissions open on Metropolis
- Summer of Arts 2015
- Open to artists now.
- Open to everyone September 25, 2015
Scroll down for News, Notes, and Info*********************
- I’m not a butcher, I’m not a Yid,
- Nor yet a foreign skipper,
- But I’m your own light-hearted friend,
- Yours truly, Jack The Ripper.
Journalism in 1888
- What similarities do you see?
- What changes do you see?
- Would walking through the scene help you describe it better?
- Do you feel the emotional effect of the darkness?
- Does telling the story in signs serve as an interesting exposition?
- Would an unexpected sound make you jump?
A police phone box?
- Did they really have police phone boxes in 1888?
- How did those street lamps work?
- What traveled on those roads?
- How were those signs printed?
- Were there any newspapers printed on paper?
- Can you answer these questions from the internet?
- Do you see anything in the scene that violates the time-line?
- What do you know about the history of technology?
My favorite short story about these events
- Find it this way:
- Google search for "afternoon of the double cannonade"
- Click on The improbable adventures on Sherlock Holmes
- The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- By John Joseph Adams