Promotion to the outworld:
- In Second Life, the people are already there.
- In OpenSim, it is mostly bring your own people.
- In Opensim, you have to promote to the outworld
- With blogs, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and the like
- Promote: Not just inworld. Outworld
- Here are some suggestions:
- Google+ is my top choice for a social media site to promote projects.
- Promotional videos made in virtual worlds.
- The Google ecosystem supports your promotions
- Google Plus--Now with Communities!
- Facebook, my second choice for Social Media to promote Virtual World projects
- In Facebook, search for
- virtual worlds
- My search there turned up over 1000 groups
- Note the membership size before you join a group
- To narrow the search, use search on page
- In Chrome, press Ctrl+f. Search bar will appear upper right
- Other browsers may respond to Ctrl+f too
- The search will include title and description of the group
- Twitter is my 3rd choice of social media to promote virtual world projects
- Follow sources of the information you want-- create a search
- Embed important streams in web pages and blogs
- I created a search for Opensim and embedded it here
- Twitter stream on your blog. Make a virtual world poster
- Promote your blog and your Blogging Community
- Blog to publicize Summary
- Invited articles and press releases for this blog
- Promoting Events in SL: Blogs
- Invited articles and press releases
- Blogs and media in Virtual Worlds. Possible publicity outlets.
- Venue owners, music managers: Got a Google calendar to promote?
- Promote with your event calendar
- Google calendars: blog, display, wear combine. Summary
- Anatomy of a promo, 7 Deadly Skins
- The science of persuasion
- Quick/easy promos for your events
- Checklist for promoting your event
- Leadership from a dancing guy
- You got something you want to promote? Quick checklist
- Information overload-- See you later, aggregator
- BIZ: Promo: Virtual worlds: Rise of the aggregators
- Hypergrid Banner Exchange
- Opensim Prmer: Hypergrid, OAR, IAR, SOAS, Kitely, Inworlds, Markets
- KITELY: City Life. Freebies: free retail, residential property
- Cookie II appears on Kitely
- Changes in the way you get into Kitely
- Well-known Designer sells on Kitely
- Kitely, Overview
- Kitely: Ilan Tochner, Co-Founder and CEO at Kitely, Part 1, Overview
- Kitely: Ilan Tochner, Co-Founder and CEO at Kitely Part 2
- Kitely Worlds Showplace. Ilan Tochner, Part 3. "The Profound and the Profane"
- Videos from virtual worlds Summary
- Hobbies: Doing video/machinima in virtual worlds
- Music Videos from virtual worlds Summary
- Art videos from the virtual world
- Comedy videos from the Virtual World
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right
- Google search this blog, column on right
- or put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google
- Drop by my place in Second life
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the viewer screen:
- Feel free to send me an IM, notecard, or friend request.
- Thinkerer Melville/Selby Evans