- Authority less credible
- Personal judgement more important
- Teach evaluation skills, the facts will take care of themselves
- Teach effective search. Let Google remember the facts for you.
- Don't just know. Understand.
- You can talk about what you know. You can do things with what you understand.
How online research can make the grade | The Social - CNET News:
"But the Web has grown up a bit in the past few years, and the presence of digital research journals, fact-finding social media tools, textbook exchanges, and e-readers have made it a much more complicated landscape for anyone who encounters the education world's slow march beyond the traditional textbook.
When things have shaken out, it may be a world where free-for-all online information hubs are accepted--or, if proponents of 'collaborative knowledge' have their way, even embraced."
The Times They Are a-Changin'
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right
- Google search this blog, column on right
- or put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google
- Drop by my place in Second life
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the viewer screen:
- Feel free to send me an IM, notecard, or friend request.
- Thinkerer Melville/Selby Evans