MUVE update 12/25/2018
A collection of news items and links relevant to this blog. Posted on Thursdays. Some often wanted links are recurrent. Others may be retained a few weeks. New items are added daily.
G+ replacement plan:
- Search on the page: Ctrl+f (type in the search bar, top of the page)
- My timeline on Twitter
- MUVE News
- Open simulator projects
- Support the supporters
- Hypergrid places
- Social media: G+ replacement
- Living online
- Modern education
- MUVE writers
- Promotion (general)
- Radio in the virtual worlds
- Videos from virtual worlds
- News sources
- Grid promotion and themed grids
- Meeting on the web
- Hypergrid tips
- Tags: web-world, socialmedia, virtualworld, MUVEvirtual, hypergrid, interactivestory
My TimelineTweets by selbyevans
Open Simulator Projects
- Open Simulator User Survey 2018
- Opensimulator to Unity
- Importing OAR files from OpenSim to Web Worlds: Convoar
- New opensource VR viewer for OpenSim may be coming soon
- If your project is not mentioned here, give me a link in comments.
OS Tutorial collections
- Opensim Fest, March 1-3, 2019
- THIS WEEK at Seanchai Libraries
- Sunday live music session at 2pm PST
- Maritime Club in Virtual Belfast on OSGrid.
- hg.osgrid.org:80:Maritime Club Belfast
- Sunday Kitely Community/Hypergrid meeting at 1 pm Pacific time
- grid.kitely.com:8002:Kitely Welcome Center
- Writing Workshop: Places tell stories
- Mondays: We gather at Greyville, on Nara's Nook, at 6 PM Pacific Time
- HG address:
- Put the HG address in the Find bar of the World Map. Click Find, TP
- Nara's Nook Virtual Writer's Colony
- Current activity: Writer's Workshop development
Second Life – The Dickens Project celebrates its sixth year in Second Life with a return to Linden Endowment for the Arts Region 7, where the annual celebration of Charles Dickens' seminal work first was realized in full region form a year ago. Offering four weeks of exploration, storytelling, music, dance, a new "Urchins in Dickens London" experience, this Second Life holiday tradition will be open to residents November 30th, through December 30th.
- Events on the Hypergrid: HYPEvents
- OpenSimWorld Events
- Join "Jwheels Recommends" to promote your events: Invitation
- WELCOME TO SEANCHAI LIBRARIES
Calendars: grid and community
- Kitely Calendar
- Inspiration Island event schedule
- Littlefield events calendar
- IMA Social Web and Virtual World Events, Music, and Meeting Calendar
- More (TBD:) If you have a busy calendar, send me a link.
Support the supporters (crowdsource)
- Some people contribute a lot to the development of MUVEs (virtual worlds)
- Here is your chance to give back:
- 3DWebWorldz offers 3D spaces on the browser, seeks support via Patreon for further development
- Kevin Cozens is creating and supporting Open Source software and hardware projects.
- YadNi Monde is creating Drawings, Paintings, Sculptings, Calligraphies, Arts.
- Siana Gearz is creating Virtual world software.
- 3DWebWorldz is creating Virtual World in a Browser
Hypergrid places and news
- Open Source VR Viewer For OpenSim In Development -- Low Cost Alternative For Social VR Projects?
- Hypergrid welcome places (thanks HG traveller)
- Kling Farms has some new farm items for you to pick up FREE.
- tanglegrid.net:8002:kling farm
- List of Social VR/Virtual Worlds by Ryan Schultz
- Opensimworld. Destination guide for the Hypergrid
- HYPERGRIDABLE grids open 24/7: Interactive spreadsheet for Hypergridders.
- Sights of the virtual worlds
- Metaverse Traveller (blog)
Social Media: G+ replacement
- Respondent.io Review – Get Paid Well To Participate In Online Studies!
- 21 Work at Home Jobs That Don’t Require a College Degree
- 40 Full-Time Work From Home Jobs To Apply For Now
- Metaverse Jobs; Job Listings
- Using Videos to Empower Manufacturing Process Training
- Interactive eLearning: 4 Ways to Challenge Your Learners
- Class Tech Tips
- Nonprofit Commons
- About education
- Optimize Your GetEdFunding Grant Search
- Sell Courses Online - Turn Your Expertise Into Cash: MoocLab
- Multiverse Masters
- Multiverse masters in Kitely
- Signal to noise ratio
- Promotion from Virtual Worlds. Summary
- I am glad to get press releases about anything that fits this blog.
- If your release would fit under any topic here, contact me for my email address
Radio in the virtual worlds
Videos from virtual worlds
- Thinkerer roast, 89th birthday: how to live to be an antique
- Video/Machinima in virtual worlds. Community, Market, Resources
- Comedy videos
- MUVE videos
- Web-world videos
- How to keep up with what is happening on the web (blogs and news pages)
Grid promotion and themed grids
Visit me on the web
- Drop by my web office Weekdays: 12:-12:30 Central time (US)
- (I may also be there on Saturdays and Sundays, but can't promise.)
- Cybalounge, entry place.
- If you see no one, click the pointed push-pin (bottom line) to find me.
- Look on the Public tab for places that have people in them
- I am Thinkerer Melville in Second Life, Selby Evans in Kitely
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- Web-worlds are small and run in a browser with nothing else to install.
- We can visit 3DWebWorldz, with professionally-built MUVEs.
- And we can visit the Writer's Workshop on the Web
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- The Metaverse Coming to a Web Page Near you!
- To go to a hypergrid address: hg.osgrid.org:80:Maritime Club Belfast
- Put the hg address in the Find bar of the world map, click Find, TP