MUVE (virtual world) weekly update 11/29/2018
A collection of news items and links relevant to this blog. This is experimental and, for now, will be posted on Thursdays (so as not to interfere with the existing schedule). Some of the links are often wanted and will be recurrent. Others may be retained a few weeks. New items will be added daily.
G+ replacement plan:
- I have been posting news items relevant to this blog on my G+ timeline.
- Now I will post them on my MUVE weekly update page.
- But I won't wait a week to post them.
- I will update the recent page on the day I find them.
- The MUVE update will also carry persistent links to MUVE-related websites
- And carry some MUVE-related tips, like MUVE means "virtual worlds".
- Multi-User Virtual Environment, a term used by researchers.
- Search on the page: Ctrl+f (type in the search bar, top of the page)
- My timeline on Twitter
- MUVE News
- Open simulator projects
- Support the supporters
- Hypergrid places
- G+ replacement
- Living online
- Modern education
- MUVE writers
- Promotion (general)
- Radio in the virtual worlds
- Videos from virtual worlds
- News sources
- Grid promotion
- Search on page: Ctrl f gets search bar
- G+ communities are not included because G+ is closing.
- Tags: web-world, socialmedia, virtualworld, MUVEvirtual, hypergrid, interactivestory
My TimelineTweets by selbyevans
Open Simulator Projects
- Open Simulator User Survey 2018
- If your project is not mentioned here, give me a link in comments.
- OSCC19: Opensimulator Community Conference Dec. 8-9. 2018
- The OpenSimulator Community Conference is an annual conference that focuses on the developer and user community creating the OpenSimulator software.
- OSCC Schedule
- IMA and Thales Group will present a joint presentation at the upcoming Open Simulator Community Conference 2018 on December 9, 2018 at 09:30 PST.
- THIS WEEK at Seanchai Libraries
- Sunday live music session at 2pm PST
- Maritime Club in Virtual Belfast on OSGrid.
- hg.osgrid.org:80:Maritime Club Belfast
- Sunday Kitely Community/Hypergrid meeting at 1 pm Pacific time
- grid.kitely.com:8002:Kitely Welcome Center
- Writing Workshop: Places tell stories
- Mondays: We gather at Greyville, on Nara's Nook, at 6 PM Pacific Time
- HG address:
- Put the HG address in the Find bar of the World Map. Click Find, TP
- Nara's Nook Virtual Writer's Colony
- Current activity: Writer's Workshop development
- #virtualworld #MUVE #interactivestory
Second Life – The Dickens Project celebrates its sixth year in Second Life with a return to Linden Endowment for the Arts Region 7, where the annual celebration of Charles Dickens' seminal work first was realized in full region form a year ago. Offering four weeks of exploration, storytelling, music, dance, a new "Urchins in Dickens London" experience, this Second Life holiday tradition will be open to residents November 30th, through December 30th.
- Events on the Hypergrid: HYPEvents
- OpenSimWorld Events
- Join "Jwheels Recommends" to promote your events: Invitation
- WELCOME TO SEANCHAI LIBRARIES
Calendars: grid and community
- Kitely Calendar
- Inspiration Island event schedule
- Littlefield events calendar
- IMA Social Web and Virtual World Events, Music, and Meeting Calendar
- More (TBD:) If you have a busy calendar, send me a link.
Support the supporters (crowdsource)
- Some people contribute a lot to the development of MUVEs (virtual worlds)
- Here is your chance to give back
- 3DWebWorldz offers 3D spaces on the browser, seeks support via Patreon for further development
- Kevin Cozens is creating and supporting Open Source software and hardware projects.
- YadNi Monde is creating Drawings, Paintings, Sculptings, Calligraphies, Arts.
- Siana Gearz is creating Virtual world software.
- 3DWebWorldz is creating Virtual World in a Browser
- Hypergrid welcome places (thanks HG traveller)
- Kling Farms has some new farm items for you to pick up FREE.
- tanglegrid.net:8002:kling farm
- List of Social VR/Virtual Worlds by Ryan Schultz
- Opensimworld. Destination guide for the Hypergrid
- HYPERGRIDABLE grids open 24/7: Interactive spreadsheet for Hypergridders.
- Sights of the virtual worlds
- Metaverse Traveller (blog)
- Social Media: Discord may meet some OpenSim needs
- PlexodusWiki serves G+ users seeking to continue their community.
- A collaborative blog is social media if you use it that way
- How do we replace Google Plus? Preliminary ideas
- Join "Jwheels Recommends" to promote events. Invitation
- Hypergrid communication quest, What we can get from MeWe?
- LinkedIn: businesses, educators, professionals: jobs
- YouTube cannot replace G+. But it can do some things better: Outreach
- NEW! A Discord Server for RyanSchultz.com Readers
- Respondent.io Review – Get Paid Well To Participate In Online Studies!
- 21 Work at Home Jobs That Don’t Require a College Degree
- 40 Full-Time Work From Home Jobs To Apply For Now
- Metaverse Jobs; Job Listings
- Using Videos to Empower Manufacturing Process Training
- Interactive eLearning: 4 Ways to Challenge Your Learners
- Class Tech Tips
- Nonprofit Commons
- About education
- Optimize Your GetEdFunding Grant Search
- Sell Courses Online - Turn Your Expertise Into Cash: MoocLab
- Multiverse Masters
- Multiverse masters in Kitely
Radio in the virtual worlds
Videos from virtual worlds
- Thinkerer roast, 89th birthday: how to live to be an antique
- Video/Machinima in virtual worlds. Community, Market, Resources
- Comedy videos
- MUVE videos
- Web-world videos
- How to keep up with what is happening on the web (blogs and news pages)
Meeting on the web
- Drop by my web office Weekdays: 12:-12:30 Central time (US)
- Cybalounge, entry place.
- We can also visit 3DWebWorldz, a professionally-built MUVE.
- Don't register -- enter as guest.
- If you see no one, click the pointed push-pin (bottom line) to find me.
- Look on the Public tab for places that have people in them
- I am Thinkerer Melville in Second Life, Selby Evans in Kitely
- Web-worlds, 3D virtual worlds running in a browser. Summary
- Web-worlds are small and run in a browser with nothing else to install.
- The Metaverse Coming to a Web Page Near you!
- To go to a hypergrid address: hg.osgrid.org:80:Maritime Club Belfast
- Put the hg address in the Find bar of the world map, click Find, TP