Tuesday, October 3, 2017

2017 IMA: PROMO: Infinite Metaverse Alliance updater: Communication in the digital age

Infinite Metaverse Alliance updater:
Communication in the digital age
Plans to use blog pages as a way to use informal meeting notes as a way to carry information from IMA meetings forward to subsequent meetings.

IMA meetings Nov. 10, 2017

6:30 am California time

  • No siscussion

10 am California time 

  • No substantive results

6:30 pm California time 

  • Walter Balazic. Camryn Darkstone, Timber.Wolfe, Singer Girl, Shawn, Selby
  • Free ranging discussion about future of OpenSimulator and what IMA may be able to do
  • Walter cautions that OS graphics are old and may not be of interest to current students.
  • What is the path forward for the OS Community?

**************************************


MA meetings Nov. 3, 2017

6:30 am California time

  • Lisa, Selby:  Viewer proposal

10 am California time 

  • Lisa, Selby, Jamie, Evie
  • Viewer proposal
  • Problems in bringing performers to HG:  Security of assets.

6:30 pm California time 

IMA meetings Oct. 13, 2017

6:30 am California time

  • Lisa, Selby
  • Importing Avatars into web-worlds by drag and drop.
  • Connecting blogs to IMA Community G+ site. (No solution)

10 am California time 

  • Lisa, Jamie, Evie, Selby
  • Invitations -- Shawn made a tutorial on how to send G+ invitations
  • Selby has tutorial article on how to send G+ invitations 
  • More work done on the Halloween party.  
  • IMA Web-world  is now compatible with common mobile systems.
  • IMA Web-worlds has titled avatars now .

6:30 pm California time 



*************************************************


IMA meetings Oct. 6, 2017

6:30 am California time

  • Lisa, Selby, Neovo
Neovo Geesink: Hello Lisa, I have good news for you: I have seen the Youtube video from a Testhour at IMA Meet&Greet, and I have reconstructed the VotingTable as heared in the YouTube video. It is the one at West at the Moment, but I will replace all soon.

Selby:  We will have a test time when this is done and get a video showing the use of the VotingTable.

Halloween party: Gary Beaumont is contributing NPCs. We will test sounds on test hour today.  Test vehicles next week.   Vehicles free to copy.  

10 am California time 

  • Invitations -- how to use G+ events invitations 
  • Shawn will make a tutorial video on how to do it now
  • testing sound today at 2PM at Halloween set
  • Vehicle testing Halloween set next week

6:30 pm California time 

  • Selby will make tutorial article on how to send G+ invitations
  • Shawn will hold plans for tutorial video on this till we see if Selby's article is adequate. 
  • Another person tried to create a Cybalounge account and could not.  
  • We need to get with Dieter and make a tutorial on creating a Cybalounge account.
  • And/or, we need to find out where people have problems creating Cybalounge accounts.


IMA meetings Sept 29, 2017

6:30 am California time

  • Barbara Truman, Lisa, Shawn, Selby
  • Planning for project determining needs for an OpenSim viewer to support education, research, and accessibility.

10 am California time 

  • Jame Jordan, Lisa, Shawn, Selby

6:30 pm California time 

  • Evan Emerald, Lisa, Shawn, Selby
  • Finding where to meet is a problem because we meet in different places
  • Action: We will always meet at outpost alpha and go elsewhere as needed.
  • There are walkin TPs or Click-n-go TPs at alpha
  • Problem: Multiple meetings lose intercommunication we got with larger groups.
  • Action: This blog  post with prompt summaries.
****************************************
  • Our first Friday meetings identified some communication needs.  
  • So here is a plan to try to meet them.
  • I will post meeting summaries on this page.  
  • I hope to have them posted shortly after the meeting ends.
  • So when we have several meetings in a day, people can see developments.
  • This page will stay in use for a period-- maybe several months.  
  • So people can save the link and check it whenever they want.  
  • New summaries will be at the top of the page, above the break. 
  • They will be visible on inworld posters at meeting place(s).
  • When a new page is needed, I will start one, but previous pages will remain.
-
  • I will post summaries that I make at meetings and summaries others send me.
  • The focus will be on forward-looking matters: 
  • Ideas, needs, plans, next-steps, what-you-can-do. 
  • Reports on completed projects will only get a mention, with a link to the report.

Detailed meeting notes provided by Lisa Laxton

Open Door Hour:

Filling an apparent need for a central venue resource for HyperGrid events with calendars, teleportals, promotion, coordination, and information available all the time in-world for the HG community.
Accessibility, usability, and viewer improvements for the community at large that IMA wants to get underway through R&D.
Upcoming Annual Halloween party ideas as well as ideas for other events and promotion and a mention of the Metaverse Renovation concept for learning activities. Specific HG regions were committed to support the ideas. 

Community Meetings:

Morning Topics Discussed:
  • UCF Interdisciplinary Paper regarding the challenges faced using virtual worlds to meet medical student training needs between Second Life, Open Sim, and Unity3D technologies. Further study is of interest to investigate the use of the latest web world technology being developed regarding these challenges.
  • Opportunities to improve onboarding for faculty and establish fall back implementations when components of virtual worlds fail unexpectedly so that time is not lost to work-arounds. Additional mention regarding learning to handle disparities between research or educator assumptions in design versus inaccuracies in the simulation or training.
  • Opportunities to focus on enterprise level requirements to educate technologists seeking information about Open Sim technologies for faculty and researchers whose time is very limited.
  • Organizational challenges faced when working with volunteer development teams that are decentralized with various road maps and software development life cycles or policies. 
Midday Topics Discussed:
  • Morning review
  • Feasibility of developing a composite assessment of the virtual world technology status for Open Simulator, Derivatives, and Third Party Viewers.
  • Discussion of open source development complexities between disparate teams and newcomers.
  • Upcoming team additions to help IMA complete start up activities to lead into more extensive testing and development to fill opportunity gaps for the community's benefit at large.
  • Agreement to continue outreach and open door policy for inclusiveness for all segments of the Open Sim community.
  • Ideas on how to improve outreach efforts to existing development teams as well as begin professional and student development so they can become tomorrow's coders. Discussion: How do we manage knowledge transfer from existing devs in a positive way? 
  • Q: When will we be able to make comments directly on the IMA website articles? A: Investigation of options continues this weekend.
Evening Topics Discussed:
  • Morning and midday review
  • New meeting schedule and suggested final changes:
    1. Monthly working group status open to the public in IMA Outpost Beta (was Advisory meeting)
    2. Weekly Open Door Hour in a Outpost Alpha Web World (was Weekly Q&A)
    3. Three Asynchronous weekly meetings in the same rotation as we had to create opportunity for greater participation regardless of work schedules and improve global outreach (former MOSES/UCF courtesy "Not Meeting" was consolidated)
    4. Test Hour Shifted to 2 pm to follow the midday meeting
    5. Suggestions and decisions were made to:
      1. Rename the Weekly Q&A meetings to Community Meetings
      2. Ensure review of prior meetings for continuity and potentially use a summary shared document on a prim to be updated real time by participants
  • Add a weekly internal meeting
  1. Maintain agenda driven approach
  2. Continue three meetings on Friday and assess at a later date
  3. Change Friday meeting place to IMA Outpost Alpha as the gathering place (groups that need to travel to another location for specific purposes can do so from there, i.e. Conference Center or Meet&Greet) 
  • Issues of confusion for new participants not familiar with using the HyperGrid or the technologies and ideas on how to mitigate those challenges by keeping attendance and participation as simple as possible.
  • Accessibility improvement ideas for virtual worlds (TTS/STT and automatic transcription or captioning without the cumbersome nature of copy/paste.)
  • Available extensions for Google Chrome for improved accessibility in web worlds.
  • Server and client side improvements in accessibility that IMA wants to address for the community at large.
  • Discussion on the value of Virtual Reality gear in virtual worlds versus gaming. The evolution of VR with further discussion regarding the value of using VR with existing virtual world technologies.
  • Design of the IMA Conference Center, challenges of cross conversation, and challenges associated with viewer, grid, or HG address differences.
**********************************************************************************

License

  • Original text in this blog is CC By: unless specified public domain
  • Use as you please with attribution: link to the original.
  • All images without attribution in this blog are CC0: public domain.
*********************************

Entertainment in virtual worlds

Videos from virtual worlds

News and Notes

Metaverse beginner help

The Hypergrid WIP Show

  • The Hypergrid WIP is a one hour "show & tell" of works in progress. 
  • Everyone is invited.  Building, scripting, entertainment-- whatever you are working on.
  • Selby may capture video of presentations in voice, for posting on YouTube.
  • The WIP show normally meets on 2 Sundays a month at 12 pm California time.
  • The show meets at the Pandora location on the second Sunday 
  • But will not meet in the summer.
  • And at Cookie II on the fourth Sunday.  
  • To keep up with the WIP meetings, join the Kitely group, Work in progress.
  • We can go to your place if there is time.

Next WIP meeting

    • Sunday Oct , 22, noon SLT (California) time
    • Cookie II location (fourth Sunday of the month)
    • HG address below: paste into the World Map next to Find. Click Find, TP
    • grid.kitely.com:8002:Cookie II 
    • In Kitely, put Cookie II into the find bar of the world map. 
    -
    • Suspended for Summer: Pandora Location: (second Sunday of the month)
    • Pandora allows presenters to run high threat OSSL functions.
    • world.narasnook.com:8900
    • Put the line above in your World Map next to Find.  Click FindTP
    • At Narasnook, use World Map to search for Pandora

            Previous Articles from the WIP show 

              -










              No comments:

              Post a Comment