Time to update your viewer
What to do?
- Why? Big changes this month
- Second Life 3.6.0 has (Materials viewer)=better graphics
- Second Life version 3.5.1 or later needed to benefit from new avatar delivery
- Earlier versions may work badly with the new avatar delivery system
- Updated Third Party viewers are available for the main TPV's
What to do?
- For the standard SL viewer:
- Go to http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/?lang=en-US
- Download the viewer for your system
- I recommend that you restart your machine before you install
- For third party viewers
- Go to their web page.
- Get the most recent version
- Follow the install directions
- Read any notes on the new version
- You should not need this, but just in case:
- Having problems with the newest SL viewer?
- What do we do in Virtual Worlds?
- Search on page with Google Chrome: Ctrl+f, search bar upper right
- Google search this blog, column on right
- or put site:virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com at the end of the search terms
- Annotated screen shots made with Jing
- Creative Commons License, attribution only.
- Second Life, Linden, SLurl, and SL are trademarks of Linden Research Inc.
- This blog is not affiliated with Second Life or anything else.
- Ads are from Google
- Drop by my place in Second life
- Location Link. Click to go or drag to the viewer screen:
- Feel free to send me an IM, notecard, or friend request.
- Thinkerer Melville/Selby Evans